Tours and Field Trips
Take A Tour
See Us in a New Light
PREMIUM MUSEUM TOURS
Premium Museum Tours can be added to your admission for $15 +applicable taxes. This includes a docent-led museum tour and a visit to the Restoration Level. Premium tours are offered Fridays and Saturdays at 10:30am and Sunday at 1pm. Tours are available on a first come, first served basis. Please arrive early to reserve your spot. To inquire about group rates please call 205-699-7275.
PREARRANGED GROUP TOURS
Groups of 10 or more adults can schedule customizable, docent-led tours that highlight special features of the museum, such as the restoration level and pedestrian bridge, as well as Barber Motorsports Park. Groups must call at least one week in advance to arrange a tour. For more information and pricing, email Trey Shelton or call 205-699-7275 and ask for Trey.
GUIDED FIELD TRIPS AT THE BARBER MUSEUM
With the best and largest motorcycle collection in the world and stunning views of the Barber Motorsports Road Course, this high energy environment makes for a one-of-a-kind field trip!
Guided Field Trips are prearranged and take place on weekdays. All of the pricing listed below is before taxes. If your organization is tax exempt, please submit your tax exemption form upon booking your tour.
- Guided Student Tours: $10 per student (1 hour)
- Activities Hour: $5 per student (1 hour)
- Chaperones: $5
- Teachers and Bus Drivers: Free
To book a Guided Field Trip, please email Jennifer Nelson, or call 205-702-8713.
To customize your field trip, select from the choices below:
Pick a tour:
- Rolling Through Time - (Social Studies) - Focus on people, places and events. This tour will take you from the Industrial Revolution through WWII and beyond. Discusses how motorcycles were developed and utilized, as well as how they impacted Alabama, the U.S., and the world.
- Wheels of Technology (Science, Technology, Math & Engineering) - Learn how science, technology, engineering, and math are used in the exciting world of racing.
- Wheels in Motion - Learn how math, science, social studies, English language arts, technology & character education are all used in motorsports.
Activities Hour Option 1:
- Build-a-Bike Challenge - Students work together with the museum's restoration crew to build a motorcycle that's ready to roll!
- Design-a-Bike - Students create their own bike using clay and other techniques that design engineers use today!
- Let's Go Racing! - Students participate in a simulated race using a video game that was filmed on our road course!
Activities Hour Option 2:
- Diagnose-a-Bike - Students will work together in teams to review a manual, consider their motorcycle's "symptoms," determine its diagnosis, and solve the mystery of who owned the bike!
PROGRAMS FOR SCOUTS
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA ENGINEERING BADGE PROGRAM
The Barber Museum offers a program to fulfill the requirements of the Boy Scouts of America Engineering Merit Badge. This program is on the move from start to finish and includes a hands-on Build-a-Bike activity, a tour of the largest motorcycle collection in the world, and a short film. With stunning views of the Barber Motorsports Road Course, vehicle exhibits, and restoration shop, the museum offers a thrilling environment in which to learn about the field of engineering.
This opportunity costs $18 per scout, and includes all materials needed for the program, along with the Barber Museum BSA Patch. We do ask that scouts prepare by reading the Engineering Merit Badge book prior to their troop's scheduled visit. To show troop pride and demonstrate participation as a scout, we ask that scouts wear their uniforms.
Reserve a spot for your scout or their whole troop today!
The Engineering Merit Badge Program will be offered at the Barber Museum on the following Saturdays at 10:00 am. Spaces are limited, so please contact us to reserve your spot.
- October 20
- November 10
- December 8
- January 26
Register to attend our Engineering Merit Badge program. When you arrive at the registration link, you will need to close the login box in order to enter your information. The form on the first page is where you'll enter parent information, and the form on the second page is where you will enter the scout's information. You can register multiple attendees/scouts at one time.
For more information on this program, please email Jennifer Nelson, or call 205-702-8713.
Proudly Sponsored By